Start 2017 by thinking about these website and digital marketing ideas.
- Voice search will continue to become more important. Develop content in a conversational tone to rank for voice search queries.
- If you don’t have a video strategy, start developing one soon.
- Integrate visual search into a retail and e-commerce strategy. Pinterest is essential for visual search.
- Do not use the manufacturer’s description when writing your product descriptions for e-commerce sites. Take the time to rewrite product descriptions for the user and search engines.
- Implement AMP to improve mobile page speed.
- Research PWA’s (progressive web applications).
- Create 360-degree video content for Facebook.
- Test and experiment with LinkedIn adverts, especially if you offer services or products to businesses.
- Get your brand on Reddit.
- Long-form content has proven to get higher search results. If you have multiple pages competing for similar keyword search terms, try combining the content into one giant piece of long-form content.
- Ask customers for product or service reviews. Search engines use these to attribute value and result in higher conversions.
- Track what pages users are leaving your site by analysing the exit pages. Why are users leaving? Consider revising these exit pages to increase time on site.
- If old content is still driving traffic, consider creating a new post with similar content to drive new, fresh, more relevant content.
- It’s quality over quantity for content, the same goes for link building. When creating a piece of content, think about how that content can be repurposed into a video, Facebook Live,
- Create a system to schedule link building and PR. SEO is not a one-time fix-and-leave-it job.
- Fresh content can give your rankings a little boost. Find time to add content to your blog, FAQ or service pages.
- Always no-follow links listed in forums or comments, sponsorships, advertising, and press releases.
- If you want to get seen on the first page of search results, launch a paid campaign. Test and experiment to determine what keyword terms are working for you then integrate into your organic efforts.
- Social bookmarks matter, but they are growing into communities. Engage on your social network. You need to have a conversation with your customers, clients and peers.
- If you’re a new business starting out, invest in high-quality content. Also consider switching up your metadata to reflect seasons to potentially rank for long-tail, local keywords.
Find out more
Online Customer Solutions help businesses of all sizes design and implement digital marketing strategies. Read more on our Blog or Contact us now to find out how we can help.